- This event has passed.
The abusive internet – Nordic and Baltic ways to prevent gender-based violence
8. mars @ 16:30 - 17:45
CSW67: The abusive internet – Nordic and Baltic ways to prevent gender-based violence
Join our Nordic-Baltic experts as they discuss the weak points and top priorities when it comes to safeguarding human rights and gender equality online.
Date: Wednesday, 8 March 2023
Time: 11.30 AM – 12.45 PM (EST)
Place: Conference Room 1, UN headquarters, New York
The Nordic and Baltic regions are two of the most digitalized areas in the world. In recent years, they have been quick to respond to technology-facilitated gender-based violence. However, hate and violence are always finding new outlets, with society’s response always one step behind. So, what are the blind spots in the prevention of o technology-facilitated gender-based violence from the perspective of researchers, civil society, and those most affected?
The Minister of Culture and Equality in Norway, Anette Trettebergstuen will give an opening speech.
Moderator: Karen Ellemann, Secretary General of the Nordic Council of Ministers
Meet our expert panel:
– María Rún Bjarnadóttir, Director for Internet Safety, Icelandic National Police Commissioner
– Iluta Lāce, Director of the Association MARTA Centre Latvia
– Kari Helene Partapuoli, National Director, Plan International Norway
– Tuija Saresma, Associate Professor, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
– Christian Mogensen, Tech Advisor, Office of Denmark’s Tech Ambassador to the U.S.
– Christian Veske, Gender Equality, and Equal Treatment Commissioner, EIGE, Estonia
This CSW67 side-event is hosted by the Latvian Government and the Nordic Council of Ministers