- This event has passed.
Economic gender equality now! Nordic ways to close the pension gap
7. mars @ 08:00 - 09:15
CSW67: Economic gender equality now! Nordic ways to close the pension gap
Join Nordic and international experts in sharing solutions to develop gender-equal pension systems and labour markets.
Date: Tuesday 7 March 2023
Time: 3.00 PM – 4.15 PM (EST)
Place: Conference Room 4, UN headquarters, New York
Although women in the Nordic countries have high levels of education and labour market participation, this does not automatically translate into gender equality in pensions. Efforts to promote equal pay and shared parental leave have taken us far in ensuring women’s economic empowerment in retirement.
How do we also design pension systems that promote gender equality?
New Nordic research shows that multiple potential strategies and concrete measures exist to reduce the pension gap in the short term.
Moderator: Karen Ellemann, Secretary General of the Nordic Council of Ministers
Meet the experts:
– Kristina Háfoss, Secretary General of the Nordic Council
– Clara Berglund, Secretary General, The Swedish Women’s Lobby
– Chidi King, Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Branch Chief, International Labour Organization
– Eva Lindh, Chair, Nordic Council Welfare Committee, MP Sweden
– Tone Wilhelmsen Trøen, Vice-Chair, Nordic Council Welfare Committee, MP Norway
– Jóhanna Lind Elíasdóttir, Specialist, Ministry for Social Affairs & Labour, Iceland